An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Rugby League Development Officer to join Leeds Rhinos Foundation and make their mark on Rugby League Development in Leeds and beyond.
Leeds Rhinos Foundation aims to change lives through sport and this individual will have the opportunity to do just that. You need to be motivated, passionate and a self-starter with fantastic communication skills and experience of working within Rugby League or sport development/coaching. Leeds Rhinos Foundation is the charity arm of the Leeds Rhinos, in which we have the ethos of ‘One Club’ across all our sporting sectors.
- Rugby League and generic sport/skills coaching in primary schools
- Rugby League coaching in high schools
- Delivery of the Rugby League Development Plan targets through school’s delivery
- Delivering school / club Rugby League festivals
- Community club development
- Organising and delivering Leeds Rhinos Foundation ‘Embed the Pathway’ with a link to the performance department.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion across all formats of Rugby League and sport.
- Working with colleagues to produce development plans
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Rugby League or equivalent
- Experience in sports coaching
- Experience of organising events
- Experience of delivering to diverse groups
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to monitor own workload
- Good IT skills
- Ability to write articles for press and websites
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- To carry out additional work for the Leeds Rhinos Foundation as requested by line manager
- Attendance at all core Leeds Rhinos Foundation events including Leeds Rhinos match days.
- Attendance at Leeds Rhinos Foundation camps and summer activities outside of term times as required by line manager.
Closing date for applications – Friday 17th December 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 3rd January 2022
Salary – Dependent on Skills / experience. 12 months fix term contract.
Base – Leeds Rugby Academy / Headingley Stadium
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a DBS check and references. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your suitability for the role to Sarah Tate at email@example.com.
If you have any further questions regarding the post, please contact Dan.Busfield@leedsrugby.com.