Despite a loss on the road in the Rhinos’ last league game of the Betfred Wheelchair Super League 2023 season, the team bring home the League Leaders Shield for the fourth year running.
Yesterday saw the team face a strong Halifax Panthers side, who following their victory yesterday, secure a top 4 spot in the final standings of the year.
The game wasn’t meant to be, with the Rhinos trailing 28-18 at half time, leading to the 52-36 loss. However, the team didn’t go down without a fight, with Player of the Year, Josh Butler, completing his hat trick before the half time whistle.
It has been a very successful year for the Rhinos, losing only 2 league games and finishing the season with an admirable goal difference.
Next weekend will see a repeat of Saturday’s game as the Leeds Rhinos take on Halifax Panthers in the play off semi-final at The Edge.
We are encouraging fans and spectators to come and enjoy some Saturday night entertainment and show their support for the team in their last home fixture of the year.
Fixture – Saturday 30th September
Leeds Rhinos vs Halifax Panthers – KO 6:45pm
The Edge, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT.
- Spectators are encouraged to attend. Entry will be free. However Inclusive Volunteers will be in attendance should spectators wish to donate to the Foundation.
- Seating is limited pitch side. These are first come first served.
- Spectators must enter through the main entrance. Entrance located on Willow Terrace Road.
- Parking is located on site, however limited.
- Parking is pay and display.