This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to shape how a new project develops at Leeds Rugby Foundation from the very beginning. The successful candidate will plan, manage the delivery and evaluate this fantastic new project which will make a difference to hundreds of young people’s lives.
Following on from a successful funding application to the Big Lottery fund, Leeds Rugby Foundation will be launching a new project which will make use of Leeds Rugby Foundation’s expertise and resources, together with the skills of partners to reduce risk taking and anti-social behaviour, improve emotional and physical health and wellbeing, improve confidence and enhance employability prospects among two targeted groups of disadvantaged young people (year 6 and key stage 3) and their families.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced full time Project Manager to shape how this project develops from the very beginning. The successful candidate will plan, manage the delivery and evaluate this fantastic new project which will make a difference to hundreds of young people’s lives.
- Full planning of the project (4 months lead in time)
- Recruit two Project Officers to deliver the project
- First point of contact and will manage referrals
- Recruit new partner organisations
- Manage relationships with partner organisations
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of the project
- Manage the promotion of the project
- Ensure the project outcomes are met
- Manage project budget
- Manage the Project Officers and volunteers
- Manage the monitoring, evaluation and reporting to the Chief Executive and Big Lottery
- Produce relevant reports for all key stakeholders
- Deliver a Seminar at the end of the project to share the learnings with other interested organisations
- Investigate sustainable funding options for the project when the current funding draws to a close.
- Management experience
- Project management experience of a similar project
- Youth Work/Social Work/Community Work/School Education experience
- Budget management experience
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals at different levels
- Report Writing experience
- Excellent IT skills (profficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office and PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation, organisation and time management skills
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Car Owner and valid UK driving license
- Experience of delivering a sustainable project
- Demonstration of other relevant qualifications and training
Closing Date is midday Monday 22nd October 2012
Interview Date will be Tuesday 6th November 2012
To apply for this post, please send a covering letter and CV to Sarah Tate at email@example.com or HR Officer, Headingley Carnegie Stadium, St Michaels Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3BR
This full time role will require evening and weekend work as the project delivery will be outside of school hours. The Project Manager will report to Leeds Rugby Foundation’s Chief Executive and will be based at Headingley Carnegie Stadium and Training Ground. Leeds Rugby Foundation is Leeds Rugby’s official charity and aims to change lives through sport. This role and project is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund for a period of 3years and 6months.
Leeds Rugby Foundation is a Registered Charity. Registered Chairty No: 112580