An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Rugby League Development Officer to join Leeds Rhinos Foundation and make their mark on Rugby League Development in Leeds and beyond.
Leeds Rhinos Foundation aims to change lives through sport and this individual will have the opportunity to do just that. You need to be motivated, passionate and a self-starter with fantastic communication skills and experience of working within Rugby League or sport development/coaching. Leeds Rhinos Foundation is the charity arm of the Leeds Rhinos, in which we have the ethos of ‘One Club’ across all our sporting sectors.
- Rugby League and generic sport/skills coaching in primary schools.
- Rugby League coaching in high schools.
- Delivery of the Rugby League Development Plan targets through school’s delivery.
- Delivering school / club Rugby League festivals and competitions.
- Community club development including Coach CPD.
- Coaching on the Leeds Rhinos Foundation ‘Rhinos Talent Pathway’ with a link to the performance department.
- Assisting with the running of the North V South Player Development Series.
- Working with colleagues to produce development plans.
- A clear passion for developing Rugby League both in terms of participation and sustainable community club environments.
- An awareness and understanding of the inclusion agenda and a passion to increase participation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Rugby League or willingness to work towards.
- Experience in Rugby League coaching.
- Experience of Community Club Environments.
- Experience of delivering to diverse groups.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to monitor own workload.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to write articles for press and websites.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- To carry out additional work for the Leeds Rhinos Foundation as requested by line manager
- Attendance at all core Leeds Rhinos Foundation events including Leeds Rhinos match days.
- Attendance at Leeds Rhinos Foundation camps and summer activities outside of term times as required by line manager.
To apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to Sarah.Tate@therhinos.co.uk by Friday 19th May, 5pm. Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 29th May.
Salary – Dependent on Skills / experience.
Contract – 12 months fix term contract.
Base – Leeds Rugby Academy / Headingley Stadium