Leeds Rhinos Foundation is recruiting for a Media Executive to promote and highlight the charity’s wide-ranging work under the sectors of Health, Education, Heritage, Arts and Sport.
Leeds Rhinos Foundation is a local charity (charity number 1112580), delivering projects across Yorkshire to help make people’s lives better. We work with all sections of the community, utilising the power of sport to deliver vital services and inspire individuals to lead happier and healthier lives. As Leeds Rugby’s Charity we have an amazing opportunity to truly change lives through sport.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation and Leeds Rhinos Communication Manager, working as a key member of the Foundation team, this role is pivotal in ensuring that the highest standards of communication between the Foundation team and external contacts. Key responsibilities:
- Produce high quality content to support the charity’s fundraising strategy
- Create and implement media plans to drive the charity’s key events
- Planning social media strategy to increase engagement and highlight Leeds Rhinos Foundation’s work
- Working with charity partners to create unique PR opportunities
- Generate stories and build positive case studies focussed around the people the charity support
- Provide media reports on coverage for the charity’s partners
- Create content for the charity’s social media channels Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Promote and support the delivery of the charity’s key fundraising events
- Produce regular newsletters for the charity’s supporters and trustees
- Be pro-active to create stories to highlight the charity’s wide-ranging work under the sectors of Health, Education, Heritage, Arts and Sport
- Manage the Leeds Rhinos Foundation website using CMS, producing regular content and ensuring information is accurate and up to date
- Produce coverage of the charity’s PDRL, LDSL and Wheelchair teams
- Provide coverage of the Leeds Rhinos Netball team’s community work
- Managing the charity’s photo library
- Generate press coverage for the Leeds Rhinos Foundation’s work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention for detail and proof-reading skills
- Understanding of different social media platforms and tone of voice
- Experience of using content management systems
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Creative and ability to identify newsworthy stories
- Excellent IT skills including use of Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and Elements
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load and multi task.
- Editing skills in Adobe software (training will be provided)
The role will be based at Headingley Stadium, St Michael’s Lane, Headingley, Leeds LS6 3BR. This is a full time role of 40 hours per week; however you must be flexible in your commitment to this role as you may be required to work evenings and weekends. If you would like to apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV together with a covering letter advising why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Friday 21st October.