A new exciting opportunity has been created to work with the Leeds Rugby Foundation, a great local charity and well known sporting organisation, to develop new income streams to grow revenue and ultimately allow the growth of the charity.
Leeds Rugby Foundation Fundraising Officer
Leeds Rugby Foundation is a local charity and it delivers projects in the heart of the community, harnessing the power of sport to make a lasting, positive impact on individuals' lives. As Leeds Rugby's Charity we have an amazing opportunity to truly change lives through sport.
Reporting to the Chief Executive of the Leeds Rugby Foundation, you must be a good communicator with the ability to negotiate. You must be an able public speaker who can inspire and motivate others.
The role will include:
• The development of community fundraising including identifying and approaching, schools, national organisations and churches and the promotion of individual support through donations, one off events and challenge events.
• The development of links with the local corporate world and to build relationships to develop new corporate partners through Charity of the Years, sponsorship and volunteering.
• The development and organisation of fundraising events in line with the Fundraising Strategy.
• Engaging Leeds Rugby's current supporters by delivering engagement and fundraising events
• Applying for small grants from local and national grant giving bodies and local companies.
• To encourage and develop the involvement of the local community to raise the profile of the charity
• Promoting LRF to new audiences at a variety of events through presentations and networking
• To build the profile citywide and beyond (including the use of social media) to encourage volunteering and spontaneous community fundraising
• To build a network of volunteer fundraisers
• Opportunity to quickly progress once results are proven
This is a full time role of 40 hours per week; however you must be flexible in your commitment to this role as some evening and weekend working may be required. The salary will be dependent on the successful applicant's skills, experience and qualifications
The role will be based at our Kirkstall Training Ground, Leeds Rugby Academy, Clarence Fields, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS5 3BW.
If you would like to apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV together with a covering letter advising why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 21st August 2012. Interviews will take place on Thursday 30th August 2012.