A new opportunity has arisen for a full time Schools Games Officer (South and Central Leeds SSP) to join Leeds Rhinos Foundation:
|Job Title||School Games Officer South and Central Leeds School Sports Partnership (SSP)|
|Location||Leeds Rugby Academy, Clarence Fields, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS5 3BW
Various schools across South and Central and Leeds Well school partnership
|Hours of work||Full time, 40 hours per week|
|Responsibility to||Head of Community and Engagement/ West Sports Partnership Steering Group|
|Contractual Status||Annual (1 year fixed)|
|Strategic Aims LRF/ Active Schools||
The School Games inspires young people to be physically active for life through positive experiences of daily activity and competition.
The role of the SGO is to support all schools in the local area by promoting the importance of physical activity and coordinating appropriate competitive opportunities to be enjoyed by all young people across Key Stages 2-4. In addition, the SGO will recruit, train and deploy a suitable workforce and support the development of club opportunities for all young people.
The postholder will work with national guidance from Sport England and the Youth Sport Trust and within a local partnership of School Games Organisers, the Active Partnership and wider stakeholders.
|Purpose of the role||
Co-ordinate and administer the agreed local programme for Physical Activity, PE and Sport to include:
• Implement and deliver a calendar of support and events with all primary schools and secondary schools within the SSP area.
• Liaise with high school PE departments for accessing facilities and young leaders to support cluster events.
• Work with key partners to lead Competitions, Events and Festivals
• Promote High Quality PE
• Identification of talent and signpost to various Intervention Programmes
• Out of School Hours Learning Programmes
• Leadership Programmes
• Elements of CPD/ Good Practice
• Club/ Community links and Pathways
• Co-ordinate links to Leeds Rhinos Foundation resources and opportunities.
• Advise and support on indoor and outdoor environments.
• Lead PE/ Physical Activity / School Sports initiatives across the Leeds Well School Partnership as directed by the steering group.
The staff member will monitor and evaluate the impact of their work, always manage their workload effectively and ensure safeguarding through adhering to individual school/ partner policies.
• Attend relevant meetings
• Attend relevant CPD
• Attend school/ LRF an SSP/ Well School / LRF Events as and when necessary
• Update Outlook calendar on a weekly basis
• Update UPSHOT and other relevant data collection tools.
• Knowledge and understanding of Pupil and Sport Premium