Leeds Rhinos Foundation deliver projects in the heart of the community by harnessing the power of sport to make a lasting, positive impact on individuals’ lives.
As Leeds Rhinos’ official charity, we have a unique opportunity to truly change lives through sport. We deliver a range of projects under our five sectors of Education, Health, Sport, Art and Heritage. Sport is an engaging tool that allows our staff to work with a whole range of individuals, delivering important lifestyle messages to inspire others to make positive changes to their own lives.
Leeds Rhinos Foundation’s Health sector has significantly grown and therefore we are seeking to appoint a part time Health Projects Officer who will work alongside our Health Improvement Officer to deliver and support on a range of health and wellbeing initiatives. These include a number of long-term condition programmes such as; Men’s Weight Management programme, Cancer Rehabilitation and Rheumatoid Arthritis, supported by delivery partners from across the city.
The candidate will be trained to deliver specialist healthy lifestyles interventions and hold, as a minimum, Exercise Referral Level 3 with experience of delivering physical activity and encouraging, supporting and signposting clients to the most appropriate form of physical activity. Y
You will be responsible for the design and delivery of initiatives which includes initial consultations, recording data and reporting progress to our partners.
Part time hours – 20 hours a week.
Leave entitlement 20 days (pro rata).
The role requires:
• Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification – Essential
• Level 4 Cancer Rehab (or other Level 4 qualification) – Desirable
• Experience of delivering healthy lifestyles interventions – Essential
• Experience of working with partners to develop community based projects – Desirable
• Understanding of current Exercise Referral and NICE guidance for physical activity and nutrition – Desirable
• Ability to ensure confidentiality, data security, and information governance compliance
• Ability to implement scheme developments including effective timetables, processes and procedures
• Ability to work with a wide range of users, local people and partners
• Excellent IT skills and the ability to analyse data to monitor and evaluate sessions and produce accurate reports with support from the LRF Health Improvement Officer.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop effective working partnerships.
• Ability to work independently and manage own work load.
• Ability to work effectively and supportively as a team member.
• First Aid Trained – Desirable
• Driving Licence – Essential
• Open to flexible working (evenings and some weekends)
Please send a CV and covering letter to Sarah.Tate@Leedsrugby.com by Friday 29th November 5pm. Interviews will take place on Monday 9th December.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the post or salary, please contact Dan.Busfield@leedsrhinosfoundation.org.
For a discussion regarding our Health programmes, please contact Amy.Livingstone@leedsrhinosfoundation.org.