Leeds Rhinos Foundation is looking to recruit a Health Project Officer to support the charity’s health projects:
POST: Health Projects Officer (fixed term until 31st March 2022)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health Improvement Officer
JOB BASE: Currently remote/Emerald Headingley Stadium
RATE OF PAY: Competitive – the salary will be dependent on the successful applicant’s skills, experience, and qualifications.
INTERVIEW: Week commencing 4th October 2021
HOURS: 40 flexible hours per week (evening and weekend work expected)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: We are looking for a Health Projects Officer to support the delivery of our Tier 2 Adult Weight Management Service Try Club commissioned by Public Health Leeds. Our Try Club programme supports participants through 12 weekly structured educational and physical activity sessions to improve health and wellbeing and encourages sustained maintenance of these activities following the course. You will be responsible for supporting a participant’s journey through the Try Club course from pre-course sign up to on course experience and post-course signposting. This role includes responsibility for the delivery and administration of the Try Club programme. You will be expected to offer a high-quality service that supports, encourages, and motivates participants to engage with the Try Club service.
- Successfully recruit 135 participants across the 9 Try Club courses.
- Monitor attendance and follow up to ensure participant drop out is below 10%.
- Co-deliver 9 successful 12 week Try Club courses to support participants to achieve weight loss.
- Actively seek signposting opportunities for participants to support at least 70% of the overall cohort to continue to be active.
- Support in the completion of monthly reporting of data to Public Health Leeds and Public Health England.
- Oversee participant referral into the Try Club programme by making contact across a maximum of three-time points with potential participants.
- Handle sensitive data in line with the correct Information Governance procedures.
- Use motivational interviewing techniques in conversation with participants to encourage access to the course.
- Oversee the participant consultation process prior to the course starting to ensure participants are ready to take part in the course.
- Ensure all session planning is completed to a high standard.
- Co-deliver the 9 12 week Try Club courses alongside the Health Improvement Officer covering a range of nutrition, healthy lifestyle and physical activity sessions.
- Track participant attendance on programme and follow up non-attendance to reduce drop out.
- Liaise with Health Improvement Officer to ensure that the full monthly data sets are completed and transferred securely to Public Health Leeds and Public Health England.
- Actively seek signposting opportunities for participants to engage with once the 12-week course has finished to ensure they continue to make or maintain healthy lifestyle changes.
- Ensure timely follow up of participants following their completion of the course.
- To represent Leeds Rhinos Foundation in a professional manner.
- To be compliant with Leeds Rhinos Foundation policies
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of participants with whom you come into contact.
- Any other duties, consistent with the main purpose of the job, as may be specified from time to time.
Any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by Health Improvement Officer.
- To attend the necessary training events as designated by your Line Manager
|Skills, Knowledge and Attributes|
|Essential An ability to work independently as well as part of a team.Confident and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.Organised with good time management skills.Problem solving skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to participate in the service and make positive healthy changes.Demonstrate an ability to build a rapport with participants and maintain effective, professional relationships.Strong IT Skills and ability to use Microsoft Office packages.A genuine interest in the welfare of participants and commitment to supporting them throughout the duration of their contact with the Leeds Rhino’s Foundation.Knowledge and interest in health, nutrition or physical activity and an ability to explain the benefits of making healthy changes to anyone accessing the service.A knowledge of the barriers that might prevent someone from participating in the service and how to overcome this. Desirable An understanding of the wider health, nutrition, and physical activity landscape in Leeds with a knowledge of additional signposting opportunities for participants.|
|Essential Previous experience working in a customer facing role (preferably in a health-related setting)Previous experience of data handling following appropriate Information Governance procedures.Previous experience of delivering health and wellbeing messages in a clear, engaging and supportive manner. Previous experience of working as part of a community-based health intervention or physical activity programme. Desirable Experience of partnership working.|
|Essential A degree (preferably in a related health, nutrition, or physical activity field) or equivalent relevant industry experienceThis post requires an enhanced DBS check and appropriate safeguarding training.Full UK driving license and a car available for work use is desirable – or access to regular and reliable public transport.Level 3 Exercise Referral Qualification Desirable Motivational interviewingLevel 4 Obesity and Diabetes Exercise Professional (or equivalent)|
For more information please contact:
Amy Livingstone, Health Improvement Officer, Email: email@example.com