Leeds Rhinos Foundation is the official charity of Leeds Rhinos. Through a range of projects, delivered in the heart of the community, the charity is able to harness the power of sport to make a lasting, positive impact on individuals’ lives.
The charity relies on the kind donations from individuals and organisations to help them continue its work with some of the most vulnerable people in the community. By fundraising for Leeds Rhinos Foundation you are helping the charity to deliver many community-based projects to ‘Change Lives Through Sport.’
All the money donated to Leeds Rhinos Foundation allows the charity to reach out to more people and to provide them with opportunities to join health and further education programmes and develop the continued delivery of projects in partner schools and community clubs.
Here are just a few examples of where funding for Leeds Rhinos Foundation goes:
- Supporting Rugby League community clubs through the Rugby League Development Plan, running Sky Try taster sessions and coach education programmes
- Providing the Active Beyond Cancer rehabilitation programme that works in Armley, Fearnville and Rothwell Leisure Centres
- Working with cluster schools across the city, providing 70 hours of contact time and organising sports tournaments
- Offering coaching and support for the growth of disability rugby league by running Physical Disability and Learning Disability Rugby League teams.
- Inspiring healthy lifestyles through Try Club, a six-week health management course held at Emerald Headingley
- Involving and increasing participation in women’s and girls’ Rugby League, running free training sessions and pathway programmes with the Leeds Rhinos Women
- Helping to support victims of domestic violence and human trafficking through our ESOL, Education and Work Club projects
- Providing half time activities for ambassador clubs and schools to participate in at every Rhinos home match
- Connecting over 55s in weekly social and physical activity sessions at OPAL Welcome In Community Centre
- Tackling the issue of reoffending through their second chance ‘Onside’ project with offenders at local prisons
- Supporting people living with dementia through the In Touch club dementia support group
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT LEEDS RHINOS FOUNDATION
Run with the Rhinos
Join Rhinos legends Kevin Sinfield MBE, Jamie Peacock MBE, Barrie McDermott, Rob Burrow and Chev Walker for this year’s Leeds 10k on Sunday 7th July.
Entry is £30 and there is a required £20 minimum fundraising to Leeds Rhinos Foundation.
Sign up at via the events section at tickets.therhinos.co.uk
Leeds Big Sleep
Sign up for the Leeds Big Sleep to support Leeds Rhinos Foundation, St George’s Crypt and St Gemma’s Hospice.
Leeds Big Sleep is a collaborative fundraising event which involves local business leaders, Leeds residents and members of the participating charities coming together to spend a night out in the terraces at Emerald Headingley Stadium to raise much-needed money for the Leeds vulnerable communities and highlight the plight of homeless people across the city.
The Sleep takes place at Emerald Headingley on Thursday 28th September. To register your place, search ‘Leeds Big Sleep’ at www.virginmoneygiving.com. For more information, please contact Cheryl.email@example.com.
Grand Raffle Prize Draw
Buy a ticket for this year’s Grand Prize Draw for a chance to win a Hot Tub from Jacuzzi®. Tickets are just £1 and can be bought from the Leeds Rhinos Club Shop. You can also help further by selling tickets on our behalf. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org