Following the success of Leeds Rhinos Foundation's free men's weight management programme 'Try Club', which has been running at Headingley Carnegie Stadium for over a year, the charity is now expanding its delivery of the programme and will be offering a new course at East Leeds ARLFC from March 21.
The 12-week programme offers healthy eating, diet and exercise advice to men with a BMI over 25 looking to make long term changes to their lifestyle. The sessions are split between nutritional workshops and exercise sessions for all abilities.
Developed in partnership with Public Health Leeds the aim of Try Club is to help as many overweight men as possible engage and be successful in achieving their goals. On completion of the 12-week course the aim is for every participant to be educated, motivated and committed to getting healthy and staying fit.
The programme consists of:
- 1 and a half hours of delivery per week split 50/50 between classroom and pitch
- A weekly focus on a specific aspect of nutrition or behaviour change
- Full body exercise sessions and team games
- Free resources and support from trained Leeds Rhinos Foundation staff throughout
Importantly sessions are:
- Absolutely Free
- Designed to be fun
- Accessible to all
- Personalised and easy to get involved with, contact us directly.
To register interest in a future Try Club course click here
and for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org