Having previously worked alongside the Teenage Pregnancy and Parenting Team on other similar projects, Leeds Rhinos Foundation developed the Young Dads programme after it was identified a need for additional support for young teenage dads aged 16+ across the city.
This is a 10 week project which will support young dads through a transitional process. The aim of the course is to increase resilience and self- esteem, provide practical and emotional support, especially around fatherhood.
Focusing on areas such as
- Resolving barriers that prevent you from being a dad
- Healthy relationships
- Recognising changes during pregnancy
- Child development
- Parenting skills and a baby's needs
- Relationship changes after the birth
- What it means to be a dad
- Contraception and STIs
- Substance misuse
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org