Our rugby camps include practical sessions including fun coaching activities, skills challenges and lots of small-sided games.
- Children will be supervised by our coaches throughout each course and at lunchtimes
- Players will be divided into relevant age groups. Each group will follow an age appropriate coaching syllabus designed by Leeds Rhinos Foundation
- Leeds Rhinos Foundation promotes respect, fair play, discipline and anti-bullying at all times
The safety and welfare of the young people in our care are of paramount importance. We have an internal Safeguarding lead and all staff are fully trained in Safeguarding and Child Protection ahead of programme delivery.
The aims of the Leeds Rhinos Foundation Safeguarding Children Policy are:
- To safeguard all children who interact with the Club/Charity activities
- To demonstrate best practice in the area of safeguarding children
- To develop a positive and pro-active welfare programme to enable all children and young persons to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment
- To promote high ethical standards throughout all activities
All Leeds Rhinos Foundation coaches have UKCC Level 2 coaching badges and abide by our strict safeguarding policies to ensure a safe environment is always provided. Each coach is enhanced DBS checked and attends regular Continuing Professional Development training to ensure they have the most up-to-date knowledge of child protection.
We are committed to maintaining the highest possible standards in coaching, service excellence and safeguarding best practice.
In maintaining this best practice, we ensure that:
- We maintain regular up-to-date risk assessments on each of our venues, with each risk assessment present on the day of your child's course
- We obtain parental consent forms with detailed medical information for each child and maintain a full suite of insurances
- Our coaches are qualified, with up-to-date certificates in first aid and safeguarding children and experienced and confident working with children of all abilities
- Each venue will have a Head Coach acting as a point of contact for parents. The Head Coach will oversee the venue and ensure that best practice is consistently maintained